Friday, October 2, 2015

Tips for Successful Back Road Adventures



  1. Get lost.

Ok, so that is one tip, but it’s the best advice I have on enjoying a day on back country roads. The reason I go out on the road is to unwind, to discover something new and to let go of to-do lists and the need to accomplish something. All I want is to relax and see where the road takes me. If I am not married to a route on the map, I can follow a whim and take an interesting road, or not. I can stop for coffee and cookies, or not.  I can decide to sit on a bench and watch horses grazing in a field (still looking forward to that day), or not.  The idea is to just be and see where the road takes me.



I like my days on the road for taking pictures But even that, I don’t force. If a good picture presents itself, great if not, the sound of wind though an open window, gravel crunching under the tires and birds and crickets calling is enough. Truth be told, I have never been on a drive where there is nothing to photograph. 

So get lost and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment